Managing public funds to strengthen our communities
The professionals at Woodforest Wealth Strategies play an important role in enhancing the quality of life across Texas and throughout America by helping public fund clients manage the funds they use to build schools, highways, hospitals, utility systems and many other projects for the public good.
Clients served include local governments such as counties and municipalities, colleges and universities, and school and hospital districts. While the legislature governs the investment of public funds in Texas, the advisory team at Woodforest Wealth Strategies supports this undertaking with value-added services including cash flow management.
Our team can develop an Investment Policy Statement and review it regularly to help ensure compliance with legal requirements and client directives. With the goal of careful growth, our advisors will design specific investment strategies and asset allocations, and monitor investment trends and performance on a regular basis.
For debt issuers, underwriting services are provided by our partner, Raymond James – consistently ranked among the Top 10 underwriters of municipal bonds in the United States.* This strategic partnership enables Woodforest Wealth Strategies to tap the firm’s in-depth experience in providing financing solutions for a broad range of tax-exempt issues to clients in state and local governments, airports, utilities, school districts, higher education and healthcare.
Services for public funds include:
- Investment Policy Statement development and review
- Investment strategies and allocations
- Investment performance review
- Underwriting services for debt issuers
- Serving as local contact to answer investment and other financial questions
- Economic updates and board meeting presentations
- Providing access to permitted securities in accordance with applicable regulations
- Coordination with local depositories
*Source: Thomson Reuters, based on total par amount (2013-2017)